Educators demonstrate a broad knowledge base and an understanding of areas they teach.

A New Pedagogy Is Emerging... and Online Learning Is a Key Contributing  Factor | teachonline.ca

During my practicum, I made use of the resources from my coaching teacher, librarian, online references and DLC to support and guide my classroom teaching. I used a wide collection of tools to show my Grade 1 students how to think by asking questions, making connections, visualizing, reasoning and solving problems. I implemented all the resources I could find in subjects I taught to make learning not only productive but also fun and enjoyable. Before each unit and lesson, I took time to remind myself of certain areas I had to teach. I always made sure to be prepared and well educated about the area I would teach prior to entering the classroom. It was and is important for me to let students know they can learn from me and I can teach them. It is crucial to establish trust between you and your students before teaching, as humans we don’t want to learn from those who we don’t believe understands what they are teaching.